Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Just gettting started

Thought I would start with a small bit about me. I am a mom of seven. Yes you read that right, seven.
The breakdown is 5 boys and 2 girls. The boys were the harder to raise.
 I don't know why just maybe because they were either hurting themselves or each other.
Because of that I became a Nurse. I really always wanted to be one, but they made it necessary from a cost saving point of view.
I have always cooked, but I truly found a passion for it once the kids were grown. I love food and I love
making things for others that make them happy. I own two bookcases of cookbooks, I read them like novels.
As I write I am baking a apple bread pudding that I will soon drenched with homemade caramel sauce.
I found myself  with bread I really did not want to waste, challah  bread is that good.
So with it being fall and apple season... one thing you should know...
I can't seem to follow a recipe completely. Mostly because while I like the basic recipe
 there is frequently ingredients I  hate or hate me.
 So I substitute. Once when I finished substitutions I found it was nothing like
the original recipe. So that's how I roll.
I love to cook not so much with baking. That doesn't allow creativity you need to follow the recipe.
So that's me I live in rural Ohio and I am raising my little 2 year old Grandson. My husband is my taster
although he likes just about everything I make. So my coworkers and clients become my true tasters.
They have opinions.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment